*When emailing please include a phone number.
Areas Of Practice
About Ronald C. Martin
Ronald C. Martin is a shareholder of Day Rettig Martin, P.C., whose practice focuses on litigation, debt restructuring, and bankruptcy. His practice involves assisting business owners, farmers, and individuals with their financial matters.
Ron received his undergraduate degree from Northwest Missouri State University in 1985, graduating magna cum laude with a Bachelor of Science in Secondary Education Social Science. After graduating from Northwest Missouri State University, he worked for Cramer and Associates, Inc. in Des Moines, Iowa for twelve seasons in the heavy and highway construction industry. Ron then attended the University of Iowa, College of Law, graduating with Distinction in 1999. He served in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Iowa as a law clerk for the Honorable Russell J. Hill from 1999 through 2004, and for the Honorable Lee M. Jackwig during the transfer of Judge Hill’s case load. Ron also served as a briefing attorney/law clerk for the Honorable Nancy Stein-Nowak, United States Magistrate Judge for the Western District of Texas in 2006. He is a member of the Iowa State Bar Association, Texas Bar Association, Linn County Bar Association, and American Bankruptcy Institute.
Ron was raised on a small family farm in Decatur County, in which he still has an ownership interest. Growing up he was active in 4-H and FFA. Ron’s rural background and work experience gives him a unique perspective which allows him to connect with his clients and understand their issues.
- Supreme Court of Iowa – 1999
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Iowa – 2000
- Supreme Court of Texas – 2007
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Iowa – 2008
Professional & Bar Association Memberships:
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Texas State Bar Association
- Linn County Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
Education and Awards:
- University of Northern Iowa – Attended 1980-1981
- Northwest Missouri State University – B.S. Social Science Education, Magna Cum Laude – 1985
- University of Iowa College of Law – J.D. with Distinction – 1999
- American Bankruptcy Institute Medal of Excellence in Bankruptcy Studies – 1999