*When emailing please include a phone number.
Areas of Practice
- Labor & Employment
- Employee Benefits/Executive Compensation
- Multi-Employer Plans/Multiple Employer Plans
- Information Privacy Law
Teresa M. Domek has been active in the employee benefits field for decades and particularly enjoys working with benefit plans sponsored by single and multiemployers, helping organizations resolve issues that arise in the labor and employment arena, and reaching creative solutions to address information privacy issues confronted by organizations.
Teresa received her undergraduate degree in International Studies from the American University’s School of International Service, worked at the U.S. Foreign Commercial Service in Washington, D.C. and at the U.S. Embassy, London, England, and subsequently graduated from the University of Miami School of Law in 2001, cum laude. She was admitted to the Connecticut Bar in the same year.
Attorney Domek has served in various roles including as Director of Pension Administration for a third-party administrator, Employee Benefits Trust Officer in banks in Northern Virginia and in Indiana, Senior Legal Assistant and Employee Benefit Specialist, in the Los Angeles and Orange County offices of Latham & Watkins, LLP, Experienced Manager, Human Capital, Arthur Andersen, LLP, as an Employee Benefits Associate for a regional law firm in the Northeast, and as HR Counsel, Assistant General Counsel, and General Counsel at Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center.
Teresa also provided legal support for several years to multi-employer retirement plans sponsored by the Western States Industrial Fund and the Los Angeles Painters Union, Local 1232. In addition, Teresa has advised executives and management teams on executive compensation matters, including incentive compensation and nonqualified deferred compensation arrangements.
Teresa is a Certified Employee Benefits Specialist and Certified Information Privacy Professional, US, Private Sector. In the past, Teresa held a Certification from the Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics and a Series 6 license from FINRA, Financial Industry Regulatory Authority. Teresa is committed to helping individuals maintain, grow, and preserve their retirement security throughout various chapters of their lives.
Although a native of Connecticut, Teresa subsequently followed her parents to Iowa, where they operate Apple Blossom Alpaca Ranch in Wayland. Teresa particularly enjoys cycling on the rolling hills in rural Eastern Iowa.
- Supreme Court of Connecticut – 2001
- Supreme Court of Iowa – 2022
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Iowa – 2022
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Iowa – 2022
Professional & Bar Association & Memberships
- Iowa State Bar Association
- International Foundation of Employee Benefits Plans
- Workforce Readiness Chair, for Cedar Valley Society for Human Resources Management (CVSHRM) Board of Directors
- Cedar Rapids Women for Good
- Metro North Rotary Club Cedar Rapids
- International Society of Certified Employee Benefit Specialists, Gold Member 2023