*When emailing please include a phone number.
Areas of Practice
Jennifer is an attorney with a focus in Multi-Employer benefit plans, business, and estate planning/probate law. Her practice includes representing board of trustees of collectively bargained Multi-Employer Taft-Hartley qualified retirement plans, health and welfare plans and apprenticeship programs with plan design, compliance, participant communications, and litigation. She also does work involving Department of Labor investigations, Internal Revenue Service audits and HIPAA Privacy and Security Rule compliance. Jennifer issues a quarterly JATC Bulletin as a value-add to clients to provide insights on recent legal developments and trends affecting Joint Apprenticeship Training Programs in a unique area of the law that is rarely covered by other publications.
Jennifer regularly counsels business clients from business formation to the sale of business, transition to next generation, or dissolution and for all the opportunities and challenges in between. Jennifer also advises clients in regard to their personal estate planning needs and estate and trust administration during the post-death administration process. She enjoys building long-term relationships with her clients and becoming part of the team that they turn to in analyzing business decisions.
She received her undergraduate degree at the University of Northern Iowa and went on to receive her J.D. from Creighton University School of Law. Jennifer is licensed to practice law in Iowa, Wisconsin, and Nebraska and with the Northern and Southern District Courts in Iowa. After studying accounting in college, Jennifer decided to pursue a career in legal analysis involved with business. She is passionate about the compliance component of the law, educating her clients, keeping them informed and updating them as the law changes.
Outside of the office, Jennifer is involved with the local community. She’s an active board member and past president for ImpactCR, a program of the Cedar Rapids Metro Economic Alliance that helps inspire, retain and attract young talent in the area. She was one of the founding members that started the Next Gen. Summit, a one-day conference providing networking, leadership and social engagement to young professionals in the Corridor.
In addition to her work with ImpactCR, Jennifer is also the Board President of the Eastern Iowa Arts Academy, which serves to bring quality after school arts programming to K-12 youth, human service organizations, and seniors in the areas of art, music, dance, drama, creative writing and cultural arts. She also served as a Board Member from 2013-2014 on the Sixth Judicial District Department of Correctional Services.
You can contact Jennifer at 319-365-0437 Ext. 2003 or via email at [email protected].
Professional Awards & Recognition:
- 2015 Corridor Business Journal’s 40 Under Forty
- 2015 Super Lawyers Rising Star
- ImpactCR Leadership Award in 2014 for leading others to participate and connect to the community through ImpactCR programs and events
- ImpactCR Make Your Mark Award in 2013 for contributing to creating a vibrant, dynamic community for the now and next generation of young professionals
- Leadership of Five Seasons, Class of 2013
Professional & Bar Association Memberships:
- Iowa Bar and U.S. District Court for the Northern and Southern District of Iowa, Nebraska Bar, and Wisconsin Bar
- Iowa, Nebraska and Wisconsin Bar Associations
- Linn County Bar Association
- International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans
- American Society of Pension Professionals & Actuaries – Associated Professional Member
- Cedar Rapids Metro Economic Alliance
- Daybreak Rotary